Jr Instructional Designer/Course Developer
The Jr Instructional Designer/Course Developer (ID/CD) is responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of online accessibility training. The ID/CD will design and develop online courses using the Moodle 3.x platform in collaboration with Accessibility Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Instructional Design – Using research proven best practices, design courses and course templates to produce self-paced, instructor guided and instructor-driven online courses.
• Course Development – Develop self-paced online courses and course materials in conjunction with Accessibility SMEs using the MS Word templates and Moodle platform.
• Quality Checks – Assist in the development on an Online Learning Quality Assurance Checklist to ensure new and existing courses follow quality assurance guidelines governing, but not limited to, pedagogy, instructional design, use of technology, distribution, course and content management, and resource deployment.
• Miscellaneous – Perform other related duties as assigned to support and promote online learning.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to apply best practices to the design of online teaching and learning.
• Knowledge of, and demonstrated ability to apply, Instructional Design models/principles to an online environment.
• Knowledge of various online assessment techniques and methods.
• Familiarity with copyright laws and Creative Commons and how they pertain to online courses.
• Knowledge of Project Management, Quality Assurance, and/or Monitoring and Evaluation will be an asset.
• Knowledge of, and experience applying cognitive theories of learning and motivation to the design of instruction will be an asset.
• Experience with any or all of the following tools will be an asset: Learning Management Systems (LMSs), Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs) Course authoring tools, Open Educational Resources (OERs), Open Source Software.
• Experience in creating and editing course content using Moodle 3.x or higher.
• Experience in course management such as deleting, restoring course backups, and assign course roles.
• Must be able to obtain suitability clearance.
•Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Distance Education, Education, or other related field.
•One year or more experience in online course design and development and course assessment/evaluation.
•Effective organizational planning, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.