Junior Accessibility Specialist
We are looking for someone to provide administrative and 508 subject matter expert support for a Federal Client. Candidates should have strong analytical skills and a broad understanding of technology. Candidates must be able to obtain security suitability, have a Bachelors in Information Technology, and be able to identify a broad range of technology types: what it is, what it is used for, and to what extent the type of technology could pose accessibility barriers.
Other requirements include:
- Must have strong professional writing skills. Must have the ability to write using plain language principles
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Office 365 and Windows 10 functional capabilities
- Must be highly organized and detailed oriented
- Must be a team player
- Must have a broad understanding of Section 508 standards and other accessibility regulations
- Prefer a general knowledge of US government IT acquisition processes
- Prefer knowledge and experience of how to configure and manage automated 508 testing tools
- Prefer experience in business process design and user interface design to support future governance automation efforts
- Prefer an understanding of how to use Moodle to create online training
- Prefer a working knowledge of agile practices
- Prefer experience remediating Microsoft Office and Adobe PDF documents for Section 508 compliance.
- Prefer experience providing Section 508 compliance technical assistance.
Duties to include:
- Provide administratively and 508 SME review support for single asset governance reviews
- Provide administrative and SME Review support for IT acquisition package reviews
- Prepare reports of findings and recommendations for DHS and high monitoring authorities related to governance activities.
- Provide analyst support for OAST automation Initiatives that support governance activities
- Assist with developing Section 508 Program Management, Acquisition, and Governance related training content, workshops, and examinations
- Provide administrative support for data collection, tracking and monitoring for OAST governance activities
- Provide 508 Testing for Web and Software following the DHS established process and procedures.
- Provide electronic document accessibility evaluation and remediation following the DHS established process and procedures.
- Provide backup support for the OAST Computer training lab
- Provide backup support for the Admin team and Help Desk.
How to Apply
Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
New Editions Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of New Editions Consulting, Inc. to afford equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. EOE/AAP/M/F/D/V.