Management of Disability Resource Center (DRC) for Department of Transporation (DOT)
New Editions assists in the development and operation of DOT's DRC. DRC ensures that DOT employees in any location can fully participate in all aspects of the Department’s work, programs and services. Our team, located on site at DOT, developed the systems and procedures for operation, establishing three workstations to demonstrate adaptive equipment. We also provide job needs assessments for accommodations and recommend technology acquisition for employees.
The first staff member, a recent college graduate hired through the Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP), provided the administrative support for the program. In addition, a person with accommodations experience assists in meeting the DRC’s goals. They are to:
- Provide information and resources for obtaining workplace accommodations
- Advise the Department on maintaining, improving, or increasing facilities and program accessibility
- Promote the inclusion of the disability perspective in departmental programs and initiatives
- Increase awareness of disability issues among all Department employees through education and training
Our capabilities allow DOT to meet the challenges of a new accommodations and disability services program.
- Assistive Technology Exhibitions planning, organizing and staffing
- Implementation of Section 508 presentation development
- Marketing materials design and production
- Alternate formats materials development
- Accessible customer service database implementation
- Departmental and interagency events participation