Section 508 SME
New Editions is looking for an accessibility expert to help our team provide government and private sector clients with support in removing barriers to information in accordance with the requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Work both independently and as part of a team to help programs achieve accessibility conformance.
- Perform Section 508 web testing as a Trusted Tester.
- Perform Section 508 software and multimedia testing.
- Accessible document remediation.
- Engage with various stakeholder to explain Section 508 defects across ICT types.
- Provide accessibility technical assistance support.
- Generate content for 508 training and provide training on various accessibility topics.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Broad knowledge of the Revised Section 508 Standards and accessibility concepts
- Trusted Tester v5 Certification.
- Two years’ experience testing and generating reports for web electronic content and applications for conformance to the Section 508 Standards.
- Two years’ experience testing and remediating electronic documents (at a minimum: PDF, Word, PPT, and Excel) for Section 508 standards.
- Ability to engage with developers to help explain and fix defects found during testing, including proposed code fixes. Ability to deliver engaging accessibility trainings.
- Understanding of accessibility testing tools and how to implement in different environments.
Our ideal candidate is:
- A detail-oriented, process-driven analyst with attentiveness to small details.
- An adaptable multitasker who can independently prioritize various complex projects and adjust to accommodate unexpected changes.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated record of acquiring knowledge beyond what is needed to complete assigned tasks.
- A person who continually seeks new information to stay relevant and prepared for solution enhancements, adjusting for both customer and team needs.
- One who can communicate technical language in an easy-to-understand manner.
- IAAP CPACC Certification
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
New Editions Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of New Editions Consulting, Inc. to afford equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. EOE/AAP/M/F/D/V.
Listing Expiration Date