New Editions Consulting, Inc., a government consulting firm, seeks a Communications Manager to support multiple Federal Contracts. New Editions’ projects focus on disability, aging and health services, providing the opportunity to contribute toward improving the quality of life for vulnerable populations. We offer outstanding benefits and a corporate culture that supports work-life balance while ensuring success for ourselves and our clients. The successful candidate should meet description requirements and be comfortable performing job responsibilities as listed.
We seek candidates with experience managing and implementing public relations and communications strategies and campaigns, ideally with a Master’s degree in a related field. The right candidate will have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, can quickly pivot from project to project, and be a solid manager of people, projects, and ideas. This professional will work with multiple project teams and coordinate with clients in the areas of communication planning and implementation as well as developing materials for print, websites, and social media platforms. The position will have a broad range of responsibilities some of which include:
- Developing creative communications strategies to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Evaluating effectiveness of campaigns and strategies, identifying improvements.
- Serving as a brand gatekeeper for the organization and create brand-aligned marketing materials
- Managing and writing internal and external communications materials and ensuring that all content meets message consistency and accuracy
- Creating materials for print and digital content that translate research findings for use by key stakeholder groups and audiences.
- Developing and designing collateral material to educate multiple target audiences
- Managing and creating website content
- Using data and analyzing it to support storytelling.
- Developing and managing social media for selected projects.
- Perform communications research and monitor the progress of various communications strategies.
- Conducting market research to support audience segmentation and messaging.
- Conducting user experience testing to inform plans and strategies
- Contributing to social media campaign development to increase visibility and utility of client resources.
- Creating style guides, audience personas, and brand voice outlines
- You are a confident, effective communicator, ideally with five to ten years of experience in communications/public relations.
- You have strong writing, editing, and presentation skills and a wide degree of creativity.
- You have the proven ability to multitask, set priorities, develop a plan with metrics - and do what it takes to meet deadlines and metrics.
- You can deal with ambiguity and understand the importance of being flexible and adaptable.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment while taking the initiative and making things happen.
- You have a bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Collecting and interpreting data analytics.
- Reading, understanding, and editing technical documentation.
- Proficiency with social media platforms.
- Ability to work independently, including able to manage own progress against timelines.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and in a timely manner with project leads and content owners.
- Ability to lead tasks to completion on time, within budget, and yielding high quality results.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage workload and deadlines across multiple, concurrent projects.
Additional Knowledge/Skills - A Plus:
- Expertise with Adobe Connect, Captivate, InDesign, Websites, and database systems a plus
- Graphic design skills
- Accessible content/Section 508 or WCAG 2.0
- Competency with Drupal and HTML based websites
Company offers excellent benefits and compensation commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Editions Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of New Editions Consulting, Inc. to afford equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. EOE/AAP/M/F/D/V.